The National Country Club Championship is a 54-Hole Championship in which three amateurs play with their PGA Club Professional. Teams compete in a One Best Ball Gross plus One Best Ball Net Combined Format (which can include the Professional’s ball). Best Gross Ball and Best Net Ball must come from two different players on each hole. Professional’s will also be competing in a head-to-head individual stroke play competition.
Amateur handicaps will be computed using the individual’s 12-month low index. The maximum allowable handicap index is 22.0. Please present a current index card at Registration.
- Male Professionals will play from the Tee Markers (6,700 – 6,800 Yards)
- Male Amateurs will play from the Tee Markers (6,400 – 6,500 Yards)
- Female Amateurs will play from the Tee Markers (5,000 – 5,200 yards)
- Senior Amateurs (handicaps 18+) will play blended Tees (6,200 – 6,400 Yards)
- USGA Rules Will Govern All Play
- Pinehurst Local Rules Will Apply (See Notice to Competitors)
- The Club Professional will be the Team Captain, Scorekeeper, and Interpreter of the Rules. If course rulings are needed, please contact Andy Kruczkeiwicz at (203) 667-4066.
- In the event of a Team tie, a scorecard playoff shall determine the winners beginning on Hole #18 and working backwards. If the Professionals are tied, they will split the first and second place purse!
Pace of Play
Keeping an acceptable pace of play is vital to the success of the golf tournament. Please be sure to keep up with the group in front of you. The required pace of play is 4 hours and 30 minutes.